Dec 15, 2021🔗
👁️ 3 3 Views
🏢 Ilera Healthcare 📍 Frederick, MD
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Cultivation 📛 No license required
About our company
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for the patients we serve by providing unique medical marijuana solutions. That mission guides the way we grow, process and formulate our products.
Cultivators are responsible for executing crop production tasks in a manner that follows the company’s Standard Operating Procedures for indoor cultivation. Cultivators carry out the day-to-day assignments and tasks associated with the Cannabis crop production cycle.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Propagation: cutting and sticking clones; clone care/maintenance, watering and feeding; monitoring and maintaining Clone Room and Mother Room environment; ensure proper labeling and inventory tracking, reporting, and record-keeping within the state-mandated electronic tracking system.
- Monitor, review, and report on relevant environmental factors that affect plant growth – light, temperature, medium moisture, humidity, and overall plant nutrition to ensure conformity with quality control standards.
- Inspect crops to ascertain the existence of pests and disease and implement IPM (Integrated Pest Management) best practices as directed.
- Plant monitoring and care during vegetative and generative growth stages: transplanting, de-foliation, pruning, staking, and plant structure training; watering and feeding; monitoring climate control systems and pest/disease pressure; inventory data input within the state-mandated electronic tracking system.
- Harvesting: cutting down plants; breaking down harvested plants; de-foliating harvested plants; weighing and inventory data input into the state-mandated electronic tracking system; cleaning and sanitizing grow rooms; hanging/organizing harvested plants within the designated dry rooms; monitoring the drying/curing process and climate control systems.
- Preparation and packaging of all cannabis products will be expected during peak times, including processed products.
- Operating and maintaining cultivation systems/equipment: monitoring, calibrating, troubleshooting, running, and maintaining lighting, irrigation, and climate control systems; stocking, organizing, and handling production inputs, supplies, and materials; sanitizing and cleaning growing areas, cultivation workspaces, and tools.
- Ensure daily compliance with policies and procedures including but not limited to, state compliance, security and safety protocols, and standard operating procedures in all areas of production.
- Any other tasks assigned by Management.
Job Qualification Requirements:
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Knowledge of cultivation technologies and plant growth factors, such as lighting, irrigation, soil, nutrients, HVAC, and more
- Knowledge of growing practices, such as cloning, transplanting, pruning, training, watering, etc.
- Knowledge of different cultivars and their unique growing demands
- Ability to execute techniques accurately and consistently
- Good documentation, inventory, and organizational skills
- Ability to keep to a tight schedule
- Ability to maintain excellent punctuality and attendance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent verbal interpersonal communication skills to interact with team members
- Basic weights and measurements skills, ability to operate a scale
- Flexibility with hours and days – must be open to working weekends, holidays, and overtime when necessary
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to pass a comprehensive background check
- The physical demands, work environment factors, and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing. Must display professional telephone etiquette and be able to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hand to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The team member must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 or more pounds and regularly move up to 50 pounds.
The noise level in the work environment is normal. The team member is frequently exposed to an environment of natural chemical fumes, herbal aromas, airborne particles, exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. Employees may have exposure to conditions such as dust and particles that affect the respiratory system, eyes, or skin, depending on department job assignments. Personal Protective Equipment is provided for employees to utilize.