Aug 29, 2019🔗👁️ 29 29 Views
🏢 Vireo Health Inc. 📍 Otsego, MN
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Cultivation 📛 No license required
About our company
Vireo Health is a physician-founded, patient-focused company dedicated to providing best-in-class cannabis-based products and unrivaled care. We integrate best-in-class medical, scientific, and engineering practices into the cannabis industry. We are committed to creating safe, all-natural cannabis-based products and a compassionate patient experience. Pending the successful completion of five pending acquisitions, the Company will operate in 11 states — Minnesota, New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Ohio, Rhode Island, Arizona, Massachusetts, Nevada, New Mexico and Puerto Rico.
- Tends to the plants including watering and re-potting, training, and movement of plant material and green waste.
- Applies irrigation and fertilizers in accordance with company policy and application schedule.
- Performs regular quality assessments in all growth areas for signs of disease and/or infestation, and records data in master record.
- Adheres to a rigorous schedule ensuring actions are done accurately and in a timely manner.
- Labels plants and ensures that an accurate inventory is maintained at all times.
- Records all activities in state mandated computer system.
- Assists in harvesting plant material on schedule including drying and de-stemming.
- Maintains the cleanliness of assigned areas.
- Reports to management any event or condition that might affect plant growth and development.
- Responsible for light to medium maintenance of growing systems including pipes, pumps, lights, and HVAC.
- Responsible for application of nutrients as well as recording of application.
- Able to work independently as well as operating as a team.
- Performs weekly safety-checks of fire-extinguishing equipment, eyewash stations and shower stations. Attends safety meetings as required.
- Other tasks as needed to ensure smooth operation of facility.
- One year of experience in horticulture
- Ability to work flexible schedule
- Ability to communicate to employees in organization
- Associates or Bachelor s Degree in horticulture
- Previous experience in medical cannabis industry
Physical Demands: Ability to communicate orally with management and other co-workers is crucial. Regular use of the telephone and e-mail for communication may be required. Sitting or standing for extended periods is common. Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information and to prepare or inspect documents. Some heavy lifting may be required. Exertion of up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally may be required.
Work Environment: The job is performed indoors and outdoors. Must be able to work in hot, humid environments for extended periods of time with exposure to dust, allergens, and water. Appropriate PPE will be provided. Activities include extended periods of sitting, standing, kneel, stoop, bend, and twisting in tight areas may also be required at times.