|Cultivation Technician Level I||
Jul 2, 2019🔗👁️ 23 23 Views
🏢 Dalwhinnie Farms 📍 Ridgway, CO
💰 $12.50 - $14.50 an hour 🗓️ Part-time 🏷️ Cultivation 📛 MED Badge
About our company
Our flower is cultivated with a genuine spirit of adventure, in a world-class, one of a kind facility located on a 200 acre ranch in Ridgway, Colorado. Sustained by the Uncompaghre River, fed from San Juan Mountain snowmelt, our people, our plants, and our dreams live in Mother Nature’s true nourishment.
Primarily an entry level cleaning and sanitation role, applicants must be willing to work in relatively tight spaces with shop vacs, brooms and mops. The right individual will have an eye for thorough removal of all plant waste, potting soil, trash, or misplaced materials from the growing space. Work includes scrubbing cultivation materials, cleaning cultivation rooms, cleaning cultivation bathrooms, and assisting the department in general labor tasks. Individuals should also enjoy repetitive cleaning, as it will occur on a regularly occurring daily basis.
The position will include some plant watering, workspace preparation, and other relative duties pertaining to the maintenance and upkeep of a recreational cannabis cultivation facility. Cultivation Technicians are expected to operate under the highest standards and professionalism in and out of the workplace.
Skills and Qualifications
An ideal candidate will be a self-motivating individual that is capable of following direction, learning the job via SOP’s, and following a calendar schedule. Additionally, Cultivation Technicians are responsible for lifting up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis, as well as relying on full extension of the legs and arms to reach items and fulfill many garden duties. The job includes extended periods of standing, walking, and bending.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Cultivation Technician Level I are responsible for maintaining clean and orderly cultivation rooms.
- Positive attitude and a passion for high quality cleanliness.
- Follows cleaning schedule to ensure cultivation rooms, cultivation equipment, and general facility are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner.
- Sweeping, mopping and washing cultivation equipment.
- Assists in cultivation work preparation to include setting up workspaces, running materials to the workplace, watering plants, and eliminating green waste material.
- Assist in implementation of cultivation SOPs.
- Operate heavy and light horticultural equipment and machinery.
- Ensures all plant waste created is weighed, recorded and destroyed in compliance to all state and local municipality regulations.
- Abides by Dalwhinnie Farms security and safety protocols. In addition, Cultivation Technicians will protect themselves and other employees by providing a safe and clean workplace environment.
- Assists Facility Manager and completes facility maintenance tasks as needed.
- Ensures the stability and reputation of the cultivation facility by complying with all state and local laws.
Other Employment Requirements
- No felony convictions
- Must have valid Colorado drivers license
- Must be able to obtain MED badge through Colorado Marijuana Enforcement Division
- Individuals applying must be a minimum of twenty-one (21) years old
- Applicants must be a Colorado resident
- Any moral character requirements as specified by Dalwhinnie Farms and that are in accordance with the Colorado medical and recreational cannabis programs
- Working conditions can include completing physical tasks in hot and humid environments, indoors and out. This role will also contain work on weekends and holidays.
Employee Handbook notwithstanding, Dalwhinnie Farms reserves the right to discipline or terminate any Cultivation Technician that does not comply with the expectations and standards listed in this employment description. Furthermore, Dalwhinnie Farms reserves the right to notify law enforcement and/or government regulatory agencies of any illegal actions perpetrated by the Cultivation Technician and prosecute any offenses to the fullest extent of the law.
MED Support Badge (Required)
This company describes its culture as::
Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
This Job Is:
A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma