Jun 25, 2019🔗👁️ 33 33 Views
🏢 Fluent 📍 Bangor, MI
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Cultivation 📛 No license required
About our company
Fluent is a premier medical cannabis company, with cultivation, processing and retail locations in Florida, Texas, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Michigan and Canada. Our purpose is to compassionately provide patients access to the highest level of medical cannabis in an unrivaled, professional healthcare environment, with outstanding customer service. Patient care always comes first at Fluent and our standards, practices, and performance is unmatched.
We are looking for leaders who want to work alongside great talent and create a positive work experience for their team. We are focused on continuous improvements, which creates development opportunities, engaged feedback, and increased contributions. Our goal is to inspire, lead, trust and deliver on what we say we are going to do.
The Cultivation Supervisor is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the company’s production facility in accordance with standards set by the State and the company. Provides support for, and supervises, all cultivation technicians, including schedules, training, policy and procedure updates, industry news, and product information. The candidate must also be organized, display a high attention to detail, and have an urgency to accomplish tasks in a fast-paced work place.
- Supervise team of cultivation technicians in all aspects of production, harvest and processing
- Maintain and assign daily tasks for cultivation management.
- Label plants, transplant, nurture through the plant life cycle to harvest
- Maintain plant health throughout the cultivation cycle, from seedling/start to harvest
- Work with Operations Director to effect changes required based on nutritional and/or environmental needs of the crop.
- Daily monitoring of fertrigation systems to ensure the plants are receiving proper irrigation and nutrition.
- Maintain accurate daily activity and operation logs as directed utilizing designated software
- Assist in production processes for designated stages of plant growth
- Maintaining the highest levels of cleanliness and sterility inside the production area, all staging areas of the facility at all times, including routine cleaning and sterilization of equipment and infrastructure.
- Take instruction and assist with tasks delegated by the management team.
- Conduct harvest, processing and packaging.
- Use, maintain, and operate equipment in the cultivation and processing areas
- Ensure the daily compliance policies are followed, but not limited to compliance with the state, security protocols, access protocols and dress code.
- Frequently lifts, carries, or positions objects weighing up to 50 pounds
- Education and training in horticulture, agriculture, or forestry, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General knowledge about plants and plant production in artificial growing media in open compounds and knowledge of nursery safety issues.
- Ability to perform the physical aspects of the position which includes; standing for lengthy periods of time, walking, repetitive lifting and performing repetitive movements
- Ability to lift 50 lbs repeatedly.
- Effective time- management and ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills, oral, and written
- Ability to easily use computers, and Microsoft office programs including MS Outlook
- Detail oriented with strong organizational, communication skills and leaderships skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing, and challenging environment.
- Knowledge of cannabis cultivation and plant diseases
- Self-driven, hard working, and able to communicate effectively
- This job description in no way implies that the duties listed here are the only ones the employee can be required to perform. The employee is expected to perform other tasks, duties and training as dictated by their supervisor.
*Fluent provides comprehensive benefits offerings to all full-time employees. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, and paid time-off program.
Fluent is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or any other classification protected by law.*
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to submit proof of such eligibility.
Please note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Managerial: 3 years (Required)
agriculture: 3 years (Required)
nursery: 3 years (Required)