Jun 8, 2019🔗👁️ 20 20 Views
🏢 Sunniva USA 📍 Cathedral City, CA
💰 Competitive 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Cultivation 📛 No license required
About our company
Sunniva Inc. (Sunniva), through its subsidiaries, is a vertically integrated cannabis company operating in the world’s two largest cannabis markets – California and Canada – where we are committed to delivering safe, high-quality products and services at scale. Our business vision is to become the lowest cost, highest quality cannabis producer in the markets we serve by building - large scale, purpose built, current good manufacturing practices greenhouses, offering better quality assurance with cannabis products free from pesticides, providing better patient and doctor access to cannabis education and sourcing better therapeutic delivery devices.
Sunniva is constantly seeking high caliber talent who bring unique perspectives, excellence and enthusiasm to our expanding operations. Innovation, communication, and collaboration are critical to our shared success.
Are you driven and anticipating the next step in your career? Explore possibilities with Sunniva.
Sunniva has a unique opportunity for a technically savvy, and excellence driven Cultivation Manager to join our team. Reporting to the Head Grower, this individual will manage the day-to-day activities of the growing process, from seeding to transplanting to pest control, to optimize the production cycle for a large-scale, state-of-the-art cannabis grow operations (Glasshouse) in Cathedral City, CA. The Cultivation Manager will lead a team responsible for ensuring the organization’s performance standards are met through various growing and plant health activities. This individual will have the opportunity to drive plant nutrition, crop and pest management, greenhouse technology systems, software, environmental sensors and controls, and employee training and development.
- Responsible for the day-to-day activities of the growing process including the selection and development of genetic strains and seeds, cloning, potting and transplanting, nutrient application, irrigation and harvesting.
- Accountable for production and scheduling of all cultivation duties, including planning for all stages and aspects of growth.
- Work directly with the General Manager, Head Grower, Production Planner, and Sales to ensure the quantity, mix and yield of strains planted and produced will support sales goals and market needs.
- Develop growing and greenhouse utilization plans to maximize growing efficiency for products, while managing routine daily activities required to ensure plant maintenance and general operation of the cultivation areas.
- Working with Climate Control and Glasshouse systems, this individual will manage the crop growth environment by keeping all growth facility systems in good working order and keep the necessary horticultural supplies on hand to optimize the health and productivity of the crop. This includes monitoring system performance, maintenance programs, and ensuring availability of horticultural supplies.
- Responsible for integrated pest management (IPM) program, including the overseeing and maintenance of detailed IPM records.
- Survey and inspect crop for evidence of disease or harmful pests.
- Implement pest control measures in accordance with regulations and company standards.
- Manage data collection for accuracy and ensure all tracking is compliant with government regulations, while maintaining plant counts and tracking information for inventory.
- Coordinate with Quality Assurance, Production and other functional departments to ensure Cannabis production process and product compliance.
- Ensure all products are safe and effective for consumer / patient use. Develop and enforce proper product and work-in-progress tracking, movement, product security and compliance with OSHA and other applicable regulations or company procedures.
- Identify, lead and develop talent to maximize individual, team and organizational effectiveness to meet company goals.
Qualifications and Experience
- A bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Horticulture.
- 3 – 5 years of commercial greenhouse experience is required.
- 3+ years of experience in horticulture of Cannabis or other plants.
- Experience with commercial plant propagation is an asset.
- Previous supervisory experience is required.
Skills, Knowledge and Ability
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to achieve objectives.
- Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient computer skills in MS Office.
- Exceptional time management, leadership, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
- Must pass a background check.
- Knowledge with climate control systems (Priva, Argus or Hoogendoorn).
The incumbent will be located within the greenhouse, where there may be exposure to fumes, scents, cannabis related smells and/or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration.
Sunniva offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
This position will be open until filled. We thank you for your interest in joining our team however, only those applicants considered for the position will be contacted.
Sunniva is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.