May 3, 2019🔗👁️ 7 7 Views
🏢 Solstice Washington 📍 Seattle, WA
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Cultivation 📛 No license required
About our company
In the spring of 2011 Solstice co-founders Will Denman and Alex Cooley helped author the collective garden model, which served as the framework for a legitimate supply-chain and ushered in a new era of quality control, standardization, and research. In August of that same year, Solstice started as the first commercial cannabis production company the state had ever seen.
From inception our goal has been to present the plant in the most beautiful way possible; to search far and wide for the best varieties; to cultivate them in an environmentally responsible way; to test, develop, and breed in search of different applications; to be a positive participant in the communities we operate and in the end, champion a new message for cannabis.
At Solstice the Cultivation Manager manages and leads a staff of line level employees, leads and quality control staff engaged in the growing, care and maintenance of the company’s horticultural products that are produced for wholesale or retail sales.
This position asks for a consistently positive, friendly, and assertive manner with partners, regulators, leadership, and the Solstice team. An organization in our type of growth mode needs to have exceptional communication skills to help support a quick-paced, and sometimes chaotic, start-up environment. The cultivation manager needs to critically analyze current labor and horticultural needs as presented by the staff and balance both supply and labor budget accordingly. Strong scheduling and managerial skills are a necessity, plant knowledge can be developed over time.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following, other responsibilities may be assigned:
- Weekly scheduling of all activities including labor, IPM program and ordering
- Manage a weekly budget and prioritize items based on necessity.
- Discuss plant growing activities with management personnel to plan for growing activities that are consistent with planned production schedules
- Plan for space allocation based on production reports and cloning schedules
- Monitor growing conditions and oversees changes in humidity, moisture and temperature and cultivation procedures to ensure conformance with quality control standards
- Monitor plant development to ascertain conditions such as leaf texture, bloom size and the existence of pests or disease; removing substandard or diseased plants to maintain/exceed quality standards
- Develop growing procedures for new cultivars in product line and new cultivation techniques
- Maintain inventory of needed growing supplies including, but not limited to fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides and fungicides
- Maintain records of growing techniques and production; review records and reports to identify trends and to forecast future space and production needs
- Plan for and requests staff on a timely basis to ensure their availability during the high volume growing seasons and schedule overtime as necessary
- Schedule staff and assigns work; maintains personnel records and provides input into performance evaluations
- Facilitate the training of employees in growing techniques and activities
- Maintain a current knowledge of growing techniques and technologies
- Maintain an awareness of new state of the art equipment and provides input into equipment and facilities upgrades and replacement
- Facilitate pesticide and safety training to all employees and maintenance of records as required by Federal or State regulations
- Assist the Director of Operations with other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 5-years of applicable managerial experience
- Ability to calculate figures amounts, proportions, percentages and volume in relation to the application of fertilizers, chemicals and water
- Apply the principles of algebra and geometry for applications of such procedures
- Ability to use a PC and interpret/produce production reports
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedural manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management and from employees
- Ability to maintain comprehensive records of essential growing procedures, attributes and results
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills to interact with team members, senior support personnel, high level personnel and investors
- Ability to define and solve problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions necessary to identify a wide variety of conditions such as plant diseases, existence of insects, etc
- Adaptability and multi‐tasking; experience working in a fast-moving environment
- Fosters positive working relationships
- Must be a team player and collaborator with ability to work independently
- Ability to provide work direction and leadership to staff
- Provide a team atmosphere to strive for a common goal of high product quality and cooperation and compatibility with peers, supervisors, and management
- Project a helpful, friendly, and cooperative attitude
- Ability to work weekends when necessary
Physical Requirements / Other:
- Ability to work in conditions typically found in an indoor production facility with high light, humidity and varying temperatures, with a fair amount of moisture present
- Ability to exert up to 15‐50 pounds occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently and 10 pounds of force constantly to lift and move product and supplies
- Ability to balance, reach and grasp while climbing on a step stool and/or ladder
- Ability to crouch, grasp, and raise product above shoulders to lift product from the floor properly
- Ability to be on feet while performing job responsibilities
- Ability to sit for long periods of time depending on your position and/or getting up and down through your work shift
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer a competitive package that rewards strong performance and is results focused. In addition, there will be objectives and milestones mapped with growth factors that quantify the potential income earned each fiscal year.
Health, 401k, etc. after 60-days…
Managerial: 5 years (Required)