Jun 27, 2019🔗👁️ 29 29 Views
🏢 Insa, Inc. 📍 Shamokin Dam, PA
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Cultivation 📛 No license required
About our company
Our mission is to create trusted, personalized medical cannabis products. The basis of our products will be proprietary cultivars grown in a controlled environment to create the finest cannabis plants. Through research and development, we will craft our premium cannabis into innovative products tailored to patients' lifestyles capable of providing a consistent and high-quality experience.
Insa is an ethical company that fosters the trust of its patients and team members. Everything we do is geared toward creating the best experience and value for our patients.
INTEGRITY: We are committed to being open and honest, so patients can trust our products and services
INNOVATION: We are building a culture focused on continuous improvement in order to advance the cannabis industry and enhance the experience for our patients.
QUALITY: We are committed to providing the highest quality service and products for our patients.
COMMUNITY: We strive to improve our local communities.
EMPLOYEES: Our employees are our most valuable resource. We aim to attract talented, motivated individuals and help them develop their skills to be leaders in the cannabis industry.
The Cultivation Manager oversees all aspects of cultivation department operations including developing production schedules, designing facilities/systems, managing and training staff, developing feed schedules and IPM procedures, reviewing and updating standard operating procedures, managing costs and yields, and genetic management.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Manages daily operations of the department, including ensuring process efficiency, that necessary supplies are stocked, and that talent is allocated appropriately to suit production needs
- Creates, reviews, and ensures compliance with department standard operating procedures
- Manages plant scheduling to accurately project all facility requirements on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to maximize high-quality yield with efficiency and attention to production costs
- Maintains quality control by ensuring cultivation protocols are followed according to brand standards; ensures compliance with state seed-to-sale tracking software; assists Compliance department with routine audits
- Develops and maintains indoor cultivation protocols and nutrient regimens; researches and tries out new processes and technologies to improve quality, yield, efficiency
- Executes preventative maintenance programs including elimination of all types of mold, powdery mildew, spider mites, root aphids, fungus gnats, etc.
- Manages cultivation team by monitoring attendance, performance, and adherence to company policies and procedures; conducting annual performance evaluations; providing training, coaching, and support; and providing corrective action as needed
- Completes periodic departmental audits as needed; complies with related recordkeeping requirements including movement logs, waste logs, and task assignments
- Coordinates with other department managers on a routine basis
- Maintains or obtains industry credentials as needed
Qualifications & Requirements
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Plant Science or equivalent preferred
- 3-5 years of experience managing commercial-scale cannabis cultivation facilities required
- Demonstrated knowledge of IPM systems and growing methods
- Demonstrated passion for plants and cannabis product knowledge desired
- Strategic mindset and focus on continuous process improvement and efficiency; experience in Lean/Six Sigma work environment a plus
- Proficient in Windows 10 operating system, Microsoft Office suite of products, Google Apps for Work
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to think critically, problem solve, make strategic decisions, delegate appropriately, and influence and inspire teammates; empowers and encourages team to grow and excel
- Willing and able to work a flexible schedule with some weekend work and occasional travel between company sites
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Must be able to pass a background check in accordance with state regulations
- Ability to sit, stand, and walk for at least 8 hours
- Ability to bend at the waist, kneel, crouch in order to access equipment
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50lbs
- Close visual acuity needed for viewing screens and fine print
- Manual dexterity needed for data entry
- Consistent moderate background noise level due to HVAC and machinery
- Exposure to bright light where eye protection is required
- Exposure to organic nutrients and cleaning chemicals that require use of gloves
- Exposure to cannabis odor
- Exposure to skin contact with plants, to which some individuals may be allergic
- Exposure to moderate heat and humidity in bloom rooms
Insa is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity in all personnel decisions. Accordingly, all personnel decisions, including those regarding recruitment, training, hiring, termination, promotion and demotion, shall be made without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, pregnancy or a condition related to said pregnancy including, but not limited to, lactation or the need to express breast milk for a nursing child or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The Human Resources department is responsible for ensuring that this Equal Employment Opportunity policy is followed throughout our Company.
- management: 3 years (Required)
- cultivation: 3 years (Required)