Nov 3, 2021🔗
👁️ 18 18 Views
🏢 Columbia Care 📍 Mount Orab, Ohio
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Cultivation 📛 No license required
About our company
We aim to restore empathy in medicine to improve patient outcomes and overall health and wellness
Our patient-centric focus includes one-on-one consultations and follow-ups with pharmacists and experts, enabling individualized care on your personal health and wellness journey.
PRODUCTS WORTHY OF TRUST
With a focus on clean cultivation, superior quality, and positive patient outcomes, we offer brands and products that meet high standards of potency, purity, and predictability.
Our proprietary, patent-pending medical brands define Medical Cannabis. TheraCeed™, ClaraCeed™ and EleCeed™ are pharmaceutical-quality and come in a variety of formats, including hard-pressed tablets, suppositories, vapes, and lotions.
The Cultivation Manager serves as Columbia Care’s subject matter expert for multi-state agricultural grow practices and advises on delivering quality and innovative cannabis product and solutions to medical cannabis patients. The Manager will work to maintain and preserve the vision and qualities that make Columbia Care unique in each of its markets. As a central figure, the Manager will be responsible for optimizing grow operations while implementing innovative new cannabis growing and breeding techniques to include best methods of planting, nutrient regiment, cultivating, and harvest as well as cultivar selection for specific outcomes. This role works closely and collaboratively with facilities’ leadership.
Major Areas of Responsibility include:
Management of Resources:
- Utilizing a continuous improvement and production oriented mindset, leads the research into the best methods to improve controlled environment agricultural house manufacturing operations of our multi-state cultivation centers and serves as the subject matter expert in all aspects of crop growing and production including quality, health, productivity, yield and cultivar.
- Determines production planning parameters, along with local General Manager and/or Market Director, such as production efficiency, quantities and harvest dates, product mix, safety, and yield levels, to ensure production commitments are met.
- Develops methods to monitor and measure department activity to identify areas of success and areas of opportunity to control production efficiency, manufacturing variances, material waste, labor expense and other indicators of profitability.
- Works closely with the respective regional leadership to coordinate, communicate and deliver on inventory, production, and product mix goals; incorporates new and updated products.
- Reviews current systems for operational efficiency. Ensures capabilities and go-to market plans are aligned.
- Collaborates with the Head of Infrastructure to ensure that cultivation facilities utilize best and most appropriate technologies for growing medical marijuana.
- Drives consistency across all operations including materials, procedures, and staff training. Refines procedures and protocols based on best crop management practices.
- Adheres to SOP’s and implements procedures for optimal growing and harvesting conditions. Implements mitigation strategies as needed.
- Follows and participates in new research and cultivation buildouts from concept through sustainable operations.
- Leads and strategizes the garden, including ensuring completion of cultivation tasks and paperwork.
- Able to operate all equipment and tooling as well as properly completing all garden tasks per SOP guidelines, and is certified in all cultivation areas.
- Maintain relevant subject matter expertise through continuing education.
Quality Assurance, Compliance & Control:
- Works with quality assurance personnel to develop plans/focus to assure continuous improvements that will benefit operations. Provide leadership and valuable participation in team activities that will enhance the overall effectiveness of cultivation centers.
- Ensures the entire crop growth operation is fully maintained and meets all applicable health and safety requirements.
- Ensures implementation and adherence to health and safety procedures. Develops and coordinates food safety, CAP and GMP practices.
- Establishes, monitors and controls conditions of production in order to satisfy patient and quality specifications.
- Ensures operational compliance with company policies and regulatory requirements in the areas of safety, product safety, compliance, employment, quality, and good manufacturing practices.
Planning & Forecasting:
- Provides cultivation expertise to manage and align production methods and processes to meet market demands and forecasts, and to move production drivers quickly as necessary
- Adheres to a series of best practies for Integrated Pest Management that is versatile enough to conform to the regulations of all Columbia Care facilities.
- Develops and implements contingency plans to address unexpected challenges.
Human Capital Management & Development:
- Develops standard operating procedures to advance the Company’s mission, vision, goals and objectives.
- Serves as a resource to cultivation staff providing information, training, direction, and guidance to accomplish established individual, departmental and company objectives.
- Coaches, develops, and mentors cultivation teams as necessary.
Communication & Coordination:
- Assures timely and relevant communications between all levels. This includes assuring communications between affected reporting areas and to related departments.
- Establishes interfaces with business units to assess customer needs and assure accurate project or program technical direction for operations engineering and manufacturing.
- Responsible for establishing systems that would enhance intra- and inter-departmental communications.
- Assists in new research, product launches, production and engineering improvements, and product testing.
- Creates a positive culture where the work can get done.
Minimum Qualifications (Skills, Knowledge & Abilities):
- All applicants must be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, agriculture, or related field. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience managing product, staff and resources in a large-scale commercial greenhouse or agricultural operation.
- Exceptional knowledge of cultivation techniques and processes, pesticide requirements, anti-microbial testing, and controlled contamination (i.e. not cross-contaminating).
- Demonstrated mastery of growing methods, including in-depth knowledge of macro-and micro-nutrients, beneficial bacterial and nutrient implementation.
- Expert knowledge of plant diseases, insects, and fungi, as well as plant treatment options.
- Knowledge of food safety, security and GMP guidelines.
- Sound technical understanding in growing plants as impacted by environmental conditions, nutritional profile, seasonal changes, and cleanliness. Proven experience in managing crops and production is required.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve manufacturing objectives in terms of volume, product mix, cost, and quality.
Travel %: 5-10
FLSA status: Exempt
Additional Abilities Required:
- The job requires physical activity, including prolonged standing, repetitive bending, climbing, and lifting or moving up to 10 pounds (or more with a coworker). Good visual acuity, hand-eye coordination, manual dexterity, and ability to perform repetitive motions with accuracy is required. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Note: Nothing in this job description restricts the company’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this position at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable individuals to perform the essential functions of the position