Aug 10, 2022🔗
👁️ 22 22 Views
🏢 Ascend Wellness Holdings 📍 Athol, MA
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Compliance 📛 No license required
About our company
AWH is a U.S. multi-state operator, with assets in six states including Illinois, Michigan, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. The company focuses on limited license states east of the Rockies, with flagship locations in desirable retail corridors serving key medical and adult-use markets.
AWH is committed to breaking down traditional barriers in the cannabis marketplace to redefine the industry from the ground up. The company owns and operates state-of-the-art cultivation facilities, grows award-winning strains and produces a curated selection of premium products. AWH provides accessible retail experiences, trusted products and exclusive brand partnerships. Because cannabis should be accessible to everyone.
In this role as Manager, Compliance you will report to the Regional Vice President and will own compliance with all state specific cannabis industry laws, regulations, standards, and ethical practices. They will manage compliance priorities and meet all operational and regulatory deadlines in coordination with the compliance teams at each of our facilities. The ideal candidate will have a familiarity with the cannabis sector or experience in a heavily regulated field. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of specific state utilized software, state specific statutes and rules, IT risk management, policies and controls, industry standards and best practices. The candidate should understand and have experience with the evaluating the design and operational efficiency of controls, as they apply to the regulatory, legal, and contractual requirements.
- Develop, with partnership departments, standard operating procedures ("SOPs"), internal processes, and compliance training for facility staff
- Develop internal audit procedures for all facilities in applicable jurisdictions
- Conduct regular, random internal audits of facility operations and prepares written reports to senior management.
- Review, interpret and provide guidance to facility on all aspects of jurisdictional rules and regulations applicable to facilities
- Assist with regulations to help ensure appropriate tracking of inventory and waste through our seed-to-sale software program
- Help prepare for facility inspections, government regulatory investigations, and external audits
- Review government investigation findings and assists with preparing and implementing corrective action plans
- Assists with remedial action to address gaps in facility operational compliance and mitigate future risks
- Review and approve packaging and labeling designs for cultivated and manufactured products
- Partner with operational leads to ensure record-keeping and security requirements are met at every facility
- Monitor changes to cannabis laws, regulations, and industry guidance in various states and municipalities
- Prepare and assist with licensing, renewals, and other state and jurisdiction specific submissions
- Research and understand the intersection between tracking, inventory and technology issues
- Provide recommendations to leadership on program efficacy and improvements
- Investigate, resolve and provide recommendations concerning discrepancies
- Assist onsite managers at our facilities
- 3 years of experience with compliance and technology in a regulatory and investigative environment (Cannabis highly preferred)
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Strong ability to build relationships with internal and external partners at all levels
- Superb written and verbal communications skills
- Meticulous organizational skills and attention to detail
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant area preferred
- Proficiency with tracking/inventory software and Microsoft office suite, including work excel, outlook, and PowerPoint
- Ability to regularly travel to facilities throughout the territory
At Ascend, we care about the safety of our patients, customers, Ascenders and vendors. Therefore, AWH requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus. If you are offered and accept a position, you will be required to prove your vaccination status prior to when your employment begins. Individuals with religious or medical accommodations may request an exemption.