|Compliance and Safety Manager||
Jun 25, 2019🔗👁️ 36 36 Views
🏢 Noa Botanicals 📍 Honolulu, HI
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Compliance 📛 State of Hawaii guard card
About our company
At Noa, our mission is to improve the wellness of our community through a knowledgeable, caring approach backed by botanical science.
By offering our community a naturally medicinal choice, we aim to relieve the body, ease the mind, and comfort the soul of our extended family.
After all, we believe a strong community blooms from the wellness of its people, their caring for each other, and the courage to create social change.
The Compliance & Safety Manager is responsible for day-to-day operations of Noa Botanicals security in accordance with state and local laws and standards set by the Organization for all locations. The Compliance & Safety Manager provides support to all security staff which includes scheduling, training, writing policies and procedure updates. This position will be responsible for enforcing policies and procedures to ensure that State of Hawaii laws relating to medical cannabis are followed. This position requires experience in safety, supervising security personnel, and the operation of security related equipment and systems. This position requires availability to respond to emergencies during all hours. The Compliance & Safety Manager reports directly to the CEO.
This position does not provide relocation assistance; local applicants preferred.
CORE JOB DUTIES (includes but not limited to):
Safety and Compliance Management:
- Evaluate, assess and implement safety procedures and policies across the organization.
- Prepare and conduct safety training sessions for employees.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies such as OSHA and HIOSH.
- Ensure that all incidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
- Supervising security personnel including scheduling, training, and ensuring SOPs are followed.
- Assigning daily work for security staff based on assessment of fitness for specific assignments.
- Becoming knowledgeable and following all State of Hawaii and all other applicable laws, regulations, and rules related to medical cannabis.
- Becoming knowledgeable and following all rules and operating procedures related to the operation of the business.
- Providing physical security at all facilities and contacting emergency services when appropriate.
- Conducting and/or assisting with the secure transportation of products and proceeds of the sale of products.
- Ensuring the maintenance of security related systems, including the DVR system, alarm, and access control systems for all facilities.
- Ensuring all security related systems remain operational and taking appropriate action to quickly remedy any failures.
- Responding to equipment failures and emergencies during off hours.
- Providing oversight and direction to security staff, including the scheduling of work assignments.
- As required, conducting security related tasks ensuring the safety of employees, patients, and members of the public.
- Ensuring the accesses to controlled facilities by only those persons authorized.
- Ensuring that the company remains compliant with relevant DOH rules.
- Ensuring computer systems related to safety & security operations and access control remain functional.
- Effectively utilize security related computer systems to provide for security and safety of company assets, personnel, and the public.
- Coordinate between information technology service, software providers, and security equipment technical assistance to ensure proper operation of security systems.
- As requested by authorized officials, provide copies and/or access to video and facilities as required by rule and law.
- Overseeing, managing, and developing all transportation records, standard operating procedures and activities of product between Noa Botanicals cultivation, dispensary, and production facilities.
- Fully complying with all company and State of Hawaii transportation laws, rules, procedures, and policies.
- Additional Duties as Required.
- Knowledge of State of Hawai’i and all other applicable medical cannabis laws, regulations and rules.
- Knowledge of physical security requirements and security personnel supervisory skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing and challenging environment.
- Ability to make decisions as necessary without oversight when needed.
- Ability to identify and solve hardware and software faults by monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks and serve as a liaison with service and software providers.
Qualifications and Skills
EDUCATION AND BACKGROUND REQUIREMENTS
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the cannabis industry.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Computer proficiency in windows-based software and internet navigation.
- 3-5 years management experience.
- Safety Certification preferred (i.e., CSP, OHST)
- 2 - 5 or more years of experience in a security or related supervisory role preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and time management abilities required.
- Minimum of 21 years of age as required by State of Hawaii statute.
- Must pass background checks, including fingerprinting, per applicable requirements set forth under State of Hawaii statute.
- Must possess valid driver’s license.
- Must have the ability to secure State of Hawaii guard card.
Must be able to lift, carry, and balance up to 30 pounds (100 pounds with assistance). This job function may include walking or standing for extended periods of time, as well as stooping, bending over and/or crouching.
Direct Reports: security officers and other security personnel
Employee Benefits Summary
This is only a preview of the benefits we offer to our employees. Detailed information about eligibility, enrollment and other benefit provisions are provided upon employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be discontinued without notice.
Medical, Drug, Vision, Dental Coverage
PTO, Paid Holidays
Work Schedule Monday – Sunday, Holidays and Nights, Hours vary
Work Locations: 1308 Young Street, Honolulu HI 96814
Job Type: Exempt, Full-time
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
We are an equal opportunity employer and strive to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and staff in accordance with sound employee relation practices and federal and state laws. Noa Botanicals is also firmly committed to taking affirmative action to employ qualified individuals with disabilities, veterans with disabilities, veterans, minorities, and women, and to advance them in employment. If you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation during the application process, please contact our HR Department at 808-550-9847.
- windows based software: 2 years (Preferred)
- Management: 3 years (Required)
- Security and Safety: 3 years (Required)