|Community Outreach Manager||
Mar 17, 2019🔗👁️ 123 123 Views
🏢 Canndescent 📍 San Jose, CA
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Marketing 📛 No license required
About our company
Canndescent is a leading cultivator, distributor, and manufacturer of ultra-premium cannabis. We are passionate about creating transformative products that will help tune and enrich the human experience. We strive for excellence by hiring exceptional performers that can contribute to a fun and inspiring work culture. We are currently looking for a Community Outreach Manager for our office in our Northern Californialocation.
As the Community Outreach Manager, you will be responsible for educating various external stakeholders on Canndescents' community involvement projects including benefits and impact to local markets. You will take the lead in positioning Canndescent as a community partner, helping gain support of our initiatives, managing expectations, and developing trusted relationships. You are someone who builds and fosters solid relationships, while working in a highly functioning, ever changing organization.
As the Community Outreach Manager, you will:
- Attend local trade events
- Connect with local bay area networks and represent Canndescent
- Connect with equity business owners to find opportunities to develop partnerships
- Reach out to bay area community and educate about cannabis category
- Attend industry functions locally to share our products with the community
- Find new locations to have marketing activations within the Oakland, San Francisco, San Jose, and Sacramento Communities
- Embody Canndescent Values and the passion for the brand
- Find new business opportunities and establish industry connections where possible
- Share best practices within the community and coordinate workshops
- Find and connect with local community partnerships to deepen Canndescents roots in community
- Act as liaison to facility tours from Northern California retailers
- Connect with local cultivator to share best agricultural practices
- Provide direction to team members that may include stakeholder education and outreach project specialist, contractors and vendors.
- Work with external relations (regional public affairs, office of media and public information, land services, environmental, community relations, regulatory, etc.), to create customer programs and customer and develop and implement strategies needed to create brand awareness
- Ensures alignment, consistency, and timing of key messages
- Develop and update educational materials including presentation library, Q&As, demos, displays, and other materials needed for various stakeholders
Your experience and skills include:
- Bachelors degree preferred, Associates required in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or Public Administration
- 3 years related experience or equivalent
- Strong strategic, analytical and conceptual skills
- Excellent writing and oral communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to set priorities, coordinate and synthesize information from a variety of sources
- Knowledge of community programs and experience in coordinating work with community leaders, business executives and other highly visible leaders on a regular basis
- Must be able to apply your knowledge to diverse and hard-to-reach customer segments
- Must be able to travel throughout Norther California territories and comfortable presenting to internal and external audiences
Equity: When you do well, we all do well. Every employee of Canndescent is an owner of the company
Growth Opportunity: Being part of a company at the forefront of the fastest growing industry in the US.
Healthy work environment: We provide a professional and fun work environment that brings passion and profession together
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid time off: Vacation and Holidays
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. Canndescent is an equal opportunity employer.