Mar 27, 2019🔗👁️ 36 36 Views
🏢 PRØHBTD 📍 Los Angeles, CA
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Marketing 📛 No license required
About our company
PRØHBTD creates and markets lifestyle and wellness brands to global audiences, overturning the taboos and stereotypes of the status quo cannabis vernacular and continually pushing it toward the mainstream. Our stated mission is to lead cannabis from the black market to the supermarket. We see the future of cannabis extracts having a massive market as an important functional ingredient in many existing categories of consumer packaged goods such as health and beauty, wellness and pet care (to name a few).
PRØHBTD is recognized as the exclusive global cannabis partner of Licensing Expo, Advertising Week, All Def Media, Postmedia, and Entrepreneur Magazine. The company is venture backed with over $20 Million in funding and has offices in Los Angeles, Toronto, New York and Vancouver.
PRØworks is the company's business unit that manages all of our owned and operated Consumer Products. It also serves as its Creative Agency; a Center of Excellence around brand development, packaging and creative design, copywriting and industrial design.
We currently have an opportunity for a Brand Manager to join our dynamic and fast-paced team at our headquarters in Culver City. Join PRØHBTD's Consumer Products Group and enter a world of exciting opportunities in one of the hottest industry sectors on the planet!
We are looking for an experienced Brand Manager to develop, manage and lead the launch of one or more of our new consumer brands. Several of our brands are launching their first products this summer. The brands will be sold through typical CPG wholesale and retail distribution, online with direct-to-consumer sales and distribution programs, and in appropriate specialty channels and venues. You will own the P&L and be responsible for ensuring that every aspect related to the launch and ongoing management of the brand is handled appropriately. This will require an uncanny attention to detail and the tactful art of cross-functional coordination. You will also be expected to grow the business beyond initial launch by leveraging your prior CPG experience and relationships. We expect you to understand best practices for CPG brand management and growth that you will implement here. Exceed in this position and you will have a lot of opportunities to increase your scope of responsibilities in very short order.
This is a key role in the organization and reports directly to the President of PRØworks.
What You Will Do (key responsibilities):
- P&L management / budget management for the assigned brand(s)
- Sales volume forecasting – alignment with sales and manufacturing / supply chain partners
- Develop consumer and wholesale pricing strategies in context of competitive pricing analysis and cost/margin goals
- Project management of everything related to commercial roll-out. You are the internal ambassador of the Brand. You must ensure that all departments are aware of their responsibilities and are held accountable for getting their components done on time and as promised
- Develop and communicate market, category and target consumer trends, competitive tracking & insights for your category
- Develop consumer targeting and segmentation strategies, brand positioning concepts and value proposition development for assigned brand and products
- Product development and testing, utilizing external partners' R&D capabilities
- Development of consumer and commercial packaging strategies, briefs and implementation programs for various form factors, bundles, merchandising packs for direct-to-consumer, wholesale and retail availability
- Develop logo and package designs, working with the PRØworks Design and copywriting capabilities
Work with Marketing to:
- Develop overall marketing objectives and strategies for assigned brand
- Develop brand communication strategies and plans: on all forms of brand communication and demand generation to all key constituents
- Develop Consumer Promotion & Events strategies & plans
- Develop channels & presence strategies and programs
- Develop commercial go-to-market ecosystem including supply chain, manufacturing, warehousing, distribution, & sales
- Identify, engage and manage external business partners and vendors necessary to support development and commercialization of assigned brands & products
- Ensure regulatory discipline and adherence working with Legal: ingredients statements, FDA compliance, trademarks, copyrights, patents, etc.
- Develop presentations for sales and trade customers
- Ongoing measurement, business tracking & adaptation of plans - consumer metrics on trial, awareness, product assessment, marketing spend ROI, etc. Active reporting of trends to Finance and Senior Mgmt.
What You Will Need
- 5+ years of experience in a consumer packaged goods company
- Clear understanding of and experience with product development, brand management, financial analysis, cross-functional project management, trade and sales management, P&L
- Prior experience with successful new brand/product development and commercial launch
- BA/BS in Marketing, Business or a related field
- Proficient with various forms of data including Nielsen, Symphony, IRI, marketing mix and pricing
- Strong analytical skills with ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations drawing from multiple sources of data
- Experience with consumer research and insights development
- Strong capabilities and experience in MS Office and other productivity platforms
- Must be self-directed with the ability to work in a fast-paced, high performance environment with multiple accountabilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills and the ability to communicate and influence at all levels of the company
- Strong project management capabilities with the ability to organize and manage multiple projects and workflows
- Team oriented with the ability to work on high collaboration and performance teams
- Must be proactive, highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong logical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- A passion for success and commitment to excellence.
PROHBTD is an equal opportunity employer. Role will include salary, equity and benefits. Only considering local candidates who are available to start immediately. If you meet ALL listed requirements and you are interested in being part of this fantastic opportunity, we look forward to hearing from you.