|Assistant Nursery Manager||
May 1, 2019🔗👁️ 3 3 Views
🏢 Canndescent 📍 Desert Hot Springs, CA
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Cultivation 📛 No license required
About our company
Canndescent is a leading cultivator, distributor, and manufacturer of ultra-premium cannabis. We are passionate about creating transformative products that will help tune and enrich the human experience. We strive for excellence by hiring exceptional performers that can contribute to a fun and inspiring work culture. We are currently looking for an Assistant Nursery Manager for our Growing facilities in our Desert Hot Springslocations.
As the Assistant Nursery Manager, you will be responsible for supporting and developing the cultivation employees. You will provide support for all cultivation agents, including schedules, training, policy and procedure updates, industry news, and product information. You will also be responsible for the documentation, ordering, and receiving of all inventory and products, arranging deliveries, maintaining facility compliance, and cleanliness in accordance with State regulations and standards.
As the Assistant Nursery Manager, you will:
- Coordinate and execute cultivation activities, such as cloning, planting, harvesting, irrigation, nutrient application, drying, trimming and curing
- Assist the Cultivation Manager with managing cultivation staff, schedules, cultivation processes, inventory, and vendor relations
- Serve as a role model and resource for cultivation staff concerning products and services, policies and procedures, industry news, and changes in regulations
- Train current and new employees on daily operations and protocols
- Take on manager responsibilities in the absence of the Nursery manager
- Implement IPM and fertilization program after transition period working with nursery manager
- Coordinate and execute installation schedules for repairs and new equipment
- Oversee supply stock, orders, and deliveries to ensure efficient levels of all cultivation inputs and supplies
- Be familiar with multi-zone, computer-controlled climate and hydroponic systems
- Manage project activities throughout life-cycle, including the allocation of adequate resources, scheduling, documentation, budget, and other factors necessary for success
- Track all project costs to ensure completion within budget
- Recommend corrective actions such as removal of plants or remedial treatments as appropriate
- Organize project teams into suitable work-groups and guide the teams throughout their efforts to produce deliverables according to specification
Your experience and skills include:
- Associates degree in Horticulture, Botany, Business Management or related field required or 5 plus years commercial Nursery production experience, Bachelors degree preferred
- Cannabis cultivation experience desired but not required
- 2-3 years of commercial greenhouse cultivation experience
- Knowledge of large-scale commercial plant cultivation including nutrient requirements, mediums, light requirements, temperature control, air flow, etc.
- Must have accountability, proactive behavior, self-motivation, and strong attention to detail
- Knowledge of local, state and federal workplace compliance regulations, ordinances and legislation, including health and safety
- Commitment to working in a team environment, with established team building abilities.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with business units, corporate departments, key managers, and other stakeholders.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office computer software (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.) and email.
- Knowledge and experience with ERP systems.
- Flexibility to adjust to shifting priorities and deadlines
Equity: When you do well, we all do well. Every employee of Canndescent is an owner of the company
Growth Opportunity: Being part of a company at the forefront of the fastest growing industry in the US.
Healthy work environment: We provide a professional and fun work environment that brings passion and profession together
Health: Medical, Dental, Vision
Paid time off: Vacation and Holidays
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law. Canndescent is an equal opportunity employer.