Jul 10, 2019🔗👁️ 22 22 Views
🏢 Groundworks Industries 📍 Portland, OR
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Cultivation 📛 OLCC Workers Permit
About our company
Powered by obsessive learning and knowledge about the plant, chemistry, conditions, people, and planet behind cannabis cultivation and exploration.
From growing cannabis, to extracting oil, to now producing the product line, creating high-end cannabis goods for both novice and seasoned users.
Working alongside retailers to ensure a smooth distribution process, moving branded goods directly from source to retail.
Supporting cannabis companies with compliance, accounting, branding, marketing and human resources shaping a portfolio of world-leading brands.
Providing the best quality and most knowledgeable, artful experiences that break stereotypes and set new standards for the purchase and experience of cannabis.
Responsible for the production of high-quality Cannabis crops, delivered on time and within budget. This critical position is the onsite subject matter expert that has a complete understanding of plant physiology, soil chemistry, chemicals/fertilizers, IPM and the external factors that influence plant growth and development. This role requires an ability to provide hands on leadership to the team along with ensuring flawless daily tactical execution within the grow.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Sets the standard and provides leadership direction to the team to ensure that production protocols and established processes/best practices are being followed through daily validation.
- Drives accountability of flawless daily execution and reacts accordingly when results aren't being met (e.g. via coaching, PIPs and progressive discipline)
- Responsible to ensure proper fertigation practices are followed
- Monitors all environmental conditions to ensure plants are being grown within optimum conditions
- Monitors plant development to ascertain root development, cloning survival rates bud quality, yield and existence of pests and disease; participates in the creation of nutritional plans and recipes
- Maintains a clean, organized and professional work environment
- Ensures grow facility hygiene and cleaning/sanitation protocols.
- Responsible to execute a detailed IPM program
- Participates in the creation of daily schedules ensuring coverage of all processes and tasks
- Responsible for creating and maintaining records of growing techniques and production records: reviews records and reports to identify trends, cost reduction continuous improvement opportunities
- Responsible for delivering and communicating detailed weekly Crop Plans, Plant Health Reports, Crop Reports, and summaries of experiments in process to onsite team
- May assist with long term Crop Schedule planning and goal setting by working with management to plan for growing activities that are consistent with planned production schedules
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating with team members, managers, clients, co-workers, and employees in a respectful, professional manner.
- Maintains current knowledge of growing techniques and technologies
- Conducts training on safety and all Worker Protection Standards and provides oversight for any required Personal Protection Equipment training, fit, and proper use
- Commit to availability as Emergency Contact for security and equipment issues
- Responsible to ensure compliance to all applicable laws and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned within the scope of this position as requested by Company
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor of Science, or 5+ years of experience working in a similar position at a large-scale grow
- Strong management skills with ability to build engaged/committed high performance teams.
- Experienced managing a team of 4+ crew members
- High attention to detail with low tolerance for unmet expectations
- Possession of "soft skills," including the ability to communicate thoughtfully and with respect toward others. A positive, flexible attitude and a common-sense approach are essential
- Ability to manage personnel issues including disciplinary actions with confidence and equality
- Ability to efficiently and accurately track and report on multiple projects, experiments and growing environments.
- Results driven, with a strong emphasis on data to qualify approaches and outcomes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced understanding of all aspects of indoor cannabis cultivation from seed, to clone, to flower, to harvest.
- Advanced understanding with a variety of grow light types to ensure proper use at all times (intensity, color spectrum)
- Expertise in execution with a variety of grow mediums (Inert and Organic).
- Advanced understanding of plant nutrient requirements
- Advanced understanding and extensive experience with different types of fertilizers and their proper use.
- Advanced understanding with hand watering techniques and drip irrigation systems.
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) production software, and the State tracking system
- Self-motivated to achieve goals
- High degree of flexibility, that includes weekend and holiday work hours, a strong work ethic, and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Motivation towards process improvement, with an ability to be creative in streamlining process and flow of systems
- Trustworthy and hard working with a commitment to an excellent attendance record
Licenses and other Requirements:
Marijuana Handler Permit must be acquired prior to start of employment
Private Pesticide Applicators License to be completed within 6 months of start of employment
Hours are 8:30am to 5pm 7 days a week
This is a full-time position expected to work at least 40 hours per week
Must be available to work weekends on call and any extra hours as needed
Must pass a Background Check
Over 21 years of age
Reliable transportation a must
This position may require to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35+ pounds.