|Assistant General Manager Cultivation||
Jun 7, 2019🔗👁️ 20 20 Views
🏢 The Source Dispensaries 📍 Pahrump, NV
💰 DOE 🗓️ Full-time 🏷️ Cultivation 📛 Dispensary Agent Card
About our company
The Source NV offers retail (recreational) and medical marijuana to in-state locals and out of state patients seeking to visit our Henderson or Las Vegas dispensaries. As Nevada’s top rated marijuana dispensary it is our goal to provide you with great medicines and a fantastic experience.
The successful Assistant General Manager plans, organizes, directs, and coordinates daily activities for production of Cannabis crops. This position includes materials, personnel and facility management, logistics, capacity planning and other activities related to oversight of the financial performance of the Pahrump Nevada Indoor Growing Facility.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Manage an indoor cultivation facility, with a wide array of irrigation, fertilizer, media, cultivars, and lighting experiments.
- Grow, harvest and deliver large volumes of high quality cannabis.
- Set planting and care schedules.
- Maintain overall responsibility for the performance of the shift, including safety, quality, cost, productivity, and delivery.
- Ensure employees have the right tools, knowledge and equipment required to do their jobs effectively and safely.
- Promote a culture of world class performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Provide coaching, teaching, and mentorship to a diverse and engaged team.
- Onboard and train new hires.
- Manage, develop and train supervisors and workers, direct personnel on proper planting, growing production processes.
- Develop and conduct employee training programs.
- Manage an operations team to ensure that the garden stays on schedule, from cloning to harvest to packaging to cleaning, & delivery.
- Implement all SOPs and drive compliance with crop plans in partnership with the Senior Grower.
- Improve and implement spray programs and submit monthly use reports to leadership.
- Select, purchase or approve purchase of raw materials such as seed, plant nutrients, and disease control chemicals.
- Manage expenses including Capital Expenditure plan and oversee all renovations or additions.
- Coordinate clerical, record keeping, inventory, requisition, and marketing activities with functional leaders throughout the company.
- Monitor facilities & operational systems, analyze data to inform operational decisions.
- Ensure Injury Illness Prevention Program is up to date with Company-wide policies and procedures at both facilities.
- Maintain Safety programs and other aspects of regulatory compliance.
- Oversee and advise on all repairs and maintenance projects.
- Work closely with all Supervisors, Crew Leaders, and office staff to ensure that all aspects of the facility are running efficiently.
- Maintain production areas to ensure compliance with company quality, sanitation and Food Safety standards.
- Identify and implement methods and practices to achieve operational improvements in efficiency, quality, delivery, and operating profits.
- Collect & analyze data in order to proactively identify production issues or develop plans to resolve existing issues.
- Ensure all required KPI's are met regarding facilities goals on safety, production, quality, and costs.
- Assist in supervising and correcting all processes in planting, pest control, fertilization, irrigation, monitoring, misc.
- BS in horticulture or related fields and 5 years of Management / Growing experience.
- Must have strong managerial experience and be able to work and lead a multitude of different personalities.
- Basic concepts about greenhouse operations, quality and productivity.
- Must possess the ability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Need to be a detail oriented team player with strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must have experience in the indoor greenhouse industry and understand the complexities and challenges of such.
- Willingness to work nights and/or weekends, hours will change based on business needs.
- Able to lift up to 40 lbs and able to stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
- Must have knowledge of SOPs.
- Candidates must be in good physical condition and able to work within an indoor growing facility for extended periods of time.
- Ability to demonstrate high ethical standards and set a positive example for co-workers.
- Current first aid/CPR certification, or ability and willingness to obtain one.
- Must have prior experience as Head Grower/Greenhouse Manager.
- Capable of performing routine management and able to make equipment repair or notify proper personnel when unable to.
- Proficient with Google Docs and/or Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to plan ahead, trouble-shoot, anticipate problems, and problem solve.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks at a time.
- Ability to learn new technologies.
- Specific knowledge of nutrients and plant science.
- Experience managing an OSHA compliance program.
- Skills driving continuous improvement initiatives & culture.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and superior management skills
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise.
- Experience in long-range planning and budget administration.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prepare, reconcile, and analyze financial reports.
- Valid driver's license.
- Clean criminal history and drug free.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Commercial Pesticide Applicators Permit and Class A CDL within six months of employment.
Physical Demands & Work Environment/Conditions:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to see, hear, talk, sit, walk, push, pull, twist, lift, squat and stand. Must be able to lift and carry approximately 40lbs regularly.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Full Flexibility with Schedule.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship. Candidates must successfully complete a criminal record screening or FBI Fingerprints requirements.
Successful completion of a thorough personal reference check and background check from the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health. Note that any applicant with a violent felony or drug-related offense (Conclusion of sentence, probation, and/or incarceration within the past 10 years) is not eligible to become a dispensary agent.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Nevada Organic Remedies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.