|Assistant General Manager|
May 3, 2019👁️ 4 4 Views
We are the first and largest medicinal marijuana healthcare company to operate both dispensaries and cultivation centers across the United States and Puerto Rico. We consistently provide the highest quality medical products and have worked with many thousands of patients in over 750,000 interactions to-date. We partner with renowned academic and medical organizations to drive new research and have the nation’s leading body of clinical data through our patient registry.
We are seeking a highly motivated and energetic full-time Assistant General Managerwho shares our passion to provide quality medicine and excellent patient care experience to patients who need them and who support the Company’s core values and culture. The Assistant General Manager works closely and collaboratively with the dispensing facility leadership and reports to the General Manager. The dispensing facility is in Ponce, Puerto Ricoand operates seven days per week.
The Assistant General Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager in interfacing and consulting with qualified patients and caregivers and administering approved medical cannabis products. The Assistant General Manager oversees all activities related to the operation of the Dispensing Facility to include patient identification and registration, record retention, product tracking and inventory control as directed by the General Manager.
Major Areas of Responsibility include:
· The Assistant General Manager ensures compliance with all compassionate use of medical cannabis laws and regulations of Puerto Rico, and directly supervises the activity within the dispensary to include dispensary staff training and education in the absence of the General Manager and as directed.
· The Assistant General Manager provides management and leadership in the Dispensing Facility to include monitoring all point of sale transactions.
· The Assistant General Manager manages patient specific logs as required, the receipt, storage and auditing of all inventory, and is responsible for ordering new inventory and supplies, maintaining accurate records using BioTrack THC, the Dispensing Facility’s inventory tracking software program.
· As the responsible party at the Dispensing Facility, this position resolves all inventory discrepancies and patient-staff conflicts.
· The Assistant General Manager is responsible for the development of the Dispensing Facility’s privacy policies and procedures, the security and confidentiality of all patient information, as well as overall compliance with HIPAA and all other requirements assigned by General Manager.
· This position acts as a liaison internally between all staff, dispensary management team and the General Manager, and externally between the Dispensing Facility and law enforcement, Commissioner of Health, and the local community.
· Directs and monitors department managers to accomplish goals of the plan, consistent with established and safety procedures.
· Establishes methods to follows the operating plan in compliance with Puerto Rico laws and regulations, maintaining records required by public health law and ensures quality assurance plans, including but limited to plans to detect, identify and prevent dispensing errors related to product packaging and labeling.
· Manages and implements policies and procedures for any retesting of returned approved medical cannabis products, storage and disposal and meeting reporting requirements for adverse events and product recall.
· This position is responsible for assisting with implementing and maintaining security systems for tracking, record keeping, record retention and surveillance related to all product at every stage of, storage, delivery, transporting, and distribution.
· Development of an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, teamwork, excellent patient care and high performance.
· Implement Human Resource policies and programs in support of company initiatives. Address all compliance efforts for the company to minimize risk.
· Ensure job descriptions for all positions are accurate and current.
· Conduct investigations; respond to unemployment claims, EEOC, DOL, and/or employee relation issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and civic rights complaints. Settle grievances in coordination with Senior Counsel.
· Conduct exit interviews, analyze data, and make recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement.
· Create organizational development and employee training programs.
· Conduct performance reviews with department managers & monitor employee productivity, attitudes, and performance results.
· Recruit and retain top quality staff for each department; conduct interviews. Manage talent acquisition and workforce management plan in collaboration with General Manager.
· Build a quality assurance program that is tied to performance review process.
· Develop progressive and proactive compensation and benefit programs to provide motivation, incentives and rewards for effective performance. Manage leave administration practices.
· Maintain excellent facilities conducive to enhancing employee productivity.
· Provide company-wide communication & manage change.
· Ensure employee safety, wellness, health & welfare.
Minimum Qualifications (Skills, Knowledge & Abilities):
· Three years of experience managing a retail operation.
· Must be passionate about handling all aspects of a retail operation to include staffing schedules, compliance, inventory control, purchasing and theft prevention and product diversion.
· Demonstrated management and leadership skills in a high growth environment are preferred.
· Operations management to include production oversight and accountability.
· Excellent and effective consulting skills.
· Strong conflict management skills.
· Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
· Solid business acumen, management reporting, and problem-solving skills.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, including listening, coaching & training.
· Strong leadership, project management & time management skills.
· Excellent written and verbal communication in English and Spanish and non-verbal communication skills.
· Ability to develop strong relationships and experience working with senior level executives.
· Ability to prepare written reports, correspondence, and presentations to senior leadership as required.
· Ability to manage and administer a broad range of tasks including resolving complaints and counseling managers and employees on the interpretation of policies, procedures and programs.
· Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult and emotional issues.
· Ability to build and maintain positive relationships in order to gain support and achieve results both internally and externally.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with confident leadership.
· Ability to organize and prioritize work.
Experience and Education:
Possession of Pharmacy Technician, Health Administration or Health Education degree required, business administration degree and three years of experience at a management administrative level with an emphasis on employee relations and talent management or combination of education and experience preferred. Experience must include hands-on responsibility for the full scope of human resources activities, both operations and analysis.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment characteristics are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Regulatory: In compliance with the Puerto Rico Medicinal Cannabis Program all employees of the Company who come in contact with or handle medicinal cannabis, including medicinal cannabis infusion products, must be at least 21 years of age and will be subject to a fingerprinting process as part of a criminal history background check in compliance with the procedures established by Division of Criminal Justice Services, among others requirements designated by the Department of Health of Puerto Rico.